The LX-SERIES™ Gas Compressor is the most popular compressor for hydrogen gas applications. This model has been installed world wide in fixed and mobile fueling stations, industrial and manufacturing sites, research and development facilities and off-shore applications.
Standard models are rated for discharge pressures of 1,500 to 12,000 psig with frame sizes from 3 to 60HP. These compressors are available as single or two-stage models to meet the inlet requirements of the application. Both designs feature the same proven hydraulically driven technology that made Hydro-Pac high-pressure compressors so reliable. easy to maintain in installations world wide.
These compressors can be customized for specific pressures, capacities and applications with simple modifications.
LX-SERIES™ LOW PRESSURE GAS COMPRESSORS
- Oil-free non-lubricated gas pistons.
- Full stroke-length distance pieces isolate the hydraulic drive from the gas cylinders.
- Hydro-Pac gas compressors work over a wide range of inlet pressures. In many cases inlet pressure regulators are not required.
- Intensifiers are ideally suited for high pressures due to the simple geometry, slow operating speeds and in-line loads.
- Long slow stroke and small dead volume in the compressor cylinders result in high volumetric efficiency.
- Water cooled gas cylinders lower operating temperatures, which increases packing life.
- Hydraulically driven intensifiers allow control of both discharge pressure and gas flow rate by controlling the hydraulic drive. This may be important when matching the flow rate of the compressor to that of a reformer or electrolyzer.
- Straightforward arrangement and patented free piston design of Hydro-Pac compressors simplifies maintenance.
- Gas pressure assists in the compression stroke improving the overall efficiency of the machine.
- Gas-assisted injection molding
- Hydrogen gas for alternative fuel systems
- Air bag inflator filling systems
- Gas foaming of polystyrene with carbon dioxide, nitrogen and other gases
- Gas transfer from tank trucks
- Pneumatic test and calibration stands
- Gas vapor reclaim from cryogenic storage tanks
- Supercritical extraction and cleaning
- Gas cylinder scavenging
- Gas cylinder filling
- Compressed natural gas (CN G) fueling stations
- Gas supply for laser cutting and continuous welding systems
- Gas supply to sintering furnaces
- Hot isostatic pressing
- Carbon Dioxide
- Dry Air
- Methane and CNG
- Other gases